it SAX TO THE MAX! Andy Firth 16 Saxophone Big Band
NEWLY RELEASED MAY 2020
About SAX TO THE MAX! Andy Firth 16 Saxophone Big Band
“Sax to the Max! 16 Saxophone Big Band” is a unique album of standards and original compositions arranged for Andy Firth’s “16 big band saxophone sound”.
After Andy’s success of his first multi-tracked big band album in 2000, “Me, Myself & I-16 Clarinet Big Band”, it seemed alogical to follow it up with a saxophone Big Band version in this series.
The scoring of arrangements began in early 2005. This was followed by a month or more of editing, revisions, and re-scoring, formatting, and printing.
From here, the arrangements were converted to midi rhythm section tracks to enable the saxophone parts to be added without recording the live drums first.
From here, a quick mix of the album was done and drummer, Nic Cecire added the live drum tracks to all but 2 of these tracks.
Nic then added percussion to the appropriate tracks and then Andy began the grueling and exhausting task of digital editing, mixing, and mastering.
The entire project took 12 months from start to finish.
Musicians: Andy Firth: All saxophones, flute, clarinet, keyboards, and musical arrangements.
Drums: Nic Cecire. Guest Drummer: James Jennings (tracks 3, 7 & 11)
Recorded, edited, mixed, and produced by Andy Firth at Accessible Music Publishing Studios 2005.
“The arrangements are sparkling, the playing exceptional, and the choice of material inspired. The CD “Sax to the Max!” will be one of my prized possessions with many hours of listening pleasure.” Maestro Tommy Tycho D Mus, AM, MBE (2005)
Total Playing Time: 62:56
Downloads and Files
Download time may vary depending on the speed of the internet but in general, it should take between 1 to 5 mins to download to your computer.
- The tracks and both front & back covers are contained in a zipped folder.
2. The audio is high-quality mp3 format and the covers are jpg files.
3. Simply locate the downloaded zip file called “Andy Firth-Sax to the Max-2020 Digitally Enhanced Re-issue”.zip
4. After it has completely downloaded to your computer and double click this.
5. This file will then expand to reveal a folder called: “Andy Firth-Sax to the Max-2020 Digitally Enhanced Re-issue”.
6. From this file, you can access the mp3 tracks as well as the new and original artwork.
7. The mp3 files are all numbered in the playlist order complete with all of the artist, song title, artwork, and production information for the album.
8. These tracks will import into iTunes or any other mp player in the correct order if arranged by “name” in the player’s playlist.
The size of the complete zip file is 91.5 MB