Tribute to Artie Shaw-Andy Firth
About the Album
The album “Tribute to Artie Shaw-Andy Firth” was inspired by Andy’s early experiments as a child with multi-tracking techniques enabling him to layer various tracks to create a small orchestra or ensemble using just two cassette tape recorders. Recorded in 1988 in Sydney, the recording features some of Australia’s finest jazz musicians.
Musicians: Andy Firth-All Clarinets & Arrangements. Julian Lee: Harpsichord & Arrangements. George Golla-Guitar. Dave Colton-Guitar. Darcy Wright-Bass. Craig Scott-Bass. Martin Highland-Drums. Guest Artist on Trumpet: John Hoffman. Produced by Cleon Dennis. Recorded and Mixed by John Bartlett.
The “16 Clarinet Big Band” consists of:
5 Bb clarinets for the sax section. 4 Bb clarinets for the trumpet section. 4 bass clarinets for the trombone section (multi-Tracked by Andy Firth), as well as three soloists and a standard jazz rhythm section.
Small-Group Sessions: Solo Clarinet with Rhythm featuring Julian Lee on Harpsichord.
Total Playing Time: 52 Mins
Downloads and Files
Download time will vary depending on the speed of your internet, but should generally take between 1 to 5 mins to download to your computer.
1. The tracks and both front & back covers are contained in a zipped folder.
2. The audio is high-quality mp3 format and the covers are jpg files.
3. Simply locate the downloaded zip file called, “Andy Firth-A Tribute to Artie Shaw.zip”
4. After completely downloading to your computer, double click this.
5. The file will expand are reveal a folder called: “Andy Firth-A Tribute to Artie Shaw.zip”.
6. From this file, you can access the mp3 tracks as well as the front & back cover artwork.
7. The mp3 files are all numbered in the playlist order complete with all of the artist, song title, artwork, and production information for the album.
8. These tracks will import into iTunes or any other mp player in the correct order if arranged by “name” in the player’s playlist.
The size of the complete zip file is 87.2 MB